Wednesday, August 17, 2011

attracted to the parallels...


Topic: Déjà Vu.

Deep in thought with regards to the latest look of my third year collection I was left questioning my intent.
My one and only men's outfit is revolved around a pair of dropped crotch, fur pants that are used to tie together the fabrication of my range, yet the further into the them I get the more I feel like I could be sending a human bear down the runway! 
Nothing like an unflattering assemble of the unknown?
To make myself feel better I indulged in a little calorie overload and some much trusted research! Needless to say, some of my findings were more of a laugh than inspiration,
take a look...





Human road-kill?????
So to tease my negative inclinations...
Introducing the Chanel Fall range of 2010.  
After reading up on the range the most acknowledgeable factor I could grasp onto was that Karl Lagerfeld had made an active effort to use faux fur rather then a genuine alternative, the first step in the right direction. But apart from that, this look is a an oversized, over heated avalanche.

The irony behind this post is that our most recent communications and social studies lecture was revolved around PETA, and the movement either towards or away from real fur. 
Cruelty is inexcusable, fashion should not take preference over life-faux fur is made available, there is no excuse to not use it!   




If we cant compromise we will never co-exsist. 

Ashhhhhhh
FOREVER and FASHION <3

Image Sources:
http://
weheartit.com
http://artifactgoods.blogspot.com
http://styleblog.ca/tag/faux-fur/

No comments:

Post a Comment