Wednesday, September 7, 2011

all good things come to an end.

Topic: The anticipation of a new adventure.

Although their are many ways of saying it, and many experiences to define it, the simple truth remains...
Its not about where you are going, its about how you get there.

I remember the intimidation of the expectations placed on our third year class at the start of the year. In a talk we were referred to as graduates but in practice we were and are just students. Whilst doing patterns yesterday I was struck with the realization that I have found a confidence in myself, my work and my ability that I never before had, nor thought I could achieve.
Never did I expect to be able to complete a process start to finish with mere guidance, rather than instruction.

We all either doubt or support the process of evolution, but as a third year student, a graduate, a small fish in a very very big pond,
I have evolved.

We are on the seventh of our eight collection garments,  and next friday we will be only a couture gown away from a final collection.
Whilst the desire to celebrate is bursting from each and everyone of us, the nervous tension is just as obvious.
Over the year our conversations have progressed from,
"What fabrics are you using?"
to,
"So what are you doing next year?"
Reality is setting in and its our choice to embrace it or shy away from it.

The future is inevitable, so allow your journey to where ever it is you are going to be indescribable.
   
We've got an interesting assignment approaching on the impact of designers on fashion coming up, Ill be sure to post some interesting facts about Roy Halston Frowick soon.

Who knows, maybe one day a FEDISA graduate could be the topic of another generations assignment.

      Lets wait and see . . . 

Ashhhhhhh
FOREVER and FASHION <3

Image Source:
http://weheartit.com

1 comment:

  1. I hate vegetables too :(

    "Its not about where you are going, its about how you get there." ---- very very true.

    ReplyDelete