Wednesday, September 14, 2011

another day, another challenge...





Topic: defying gravity. 


This.
Is.
It.
The countdown has begun.
Today I finished my last classified 'garment' of my graduate collection, with the exception of my anticipated couture gown that waits JUST around the corner.

Nevertheless, friday marks the end of our 3rd term so I thought Id give myself something to remember  this week by, and I did!
At the start of my collection I took the approach of buying all my fabrics in advance, to maintain coherence of my range and to  rule out disappointment. One such fabric was a synthetic fur of which I bought, a not so shy, 15 meters.
Needless to say I am left at this late stage with a lot more then I had assumed. 
So I am doing everything to ensure it is used up entirely.
So my final garment, a floor length cloak, was slightly modified to help with this, just slightly.
It is now not only fur, but fur lined and it trails for a good 1.5 meters behind the model. 

Whilst my intentions where right on target my assumptions weren't. Never did I foresee the weight and inconvenience of such a garment. Yet with a mind of its own, myself and 'baloo' (the furry mammoths nickname given to it by my classmates) got on just fine, and whats a last garment without a good story.

I dont want to ruin the images of my range until they are all systematic and consistent but heres a little look into the 'behind the scenes of the week.'



Below is the most compact version of the cloak!!! Folded about 6 times and after being excessively weighed down.


Fun fact for the week:
Sometimes the most rewarding challenges are those we don't see coming, the ones that take us by surprise and remind us we are in control.  


Ashhhhhhh
FOREVER and FASHION <3

Image Source:
http://weheartit.com


No comments:

Post a Comment